- Equal opportunity
Alternate Format Requests
Please contact us if you require a document in an alternate format or if you require communication supports:
Telephone: Samantha Fazio, Conference & Event Coordinator at (416) 979-5250, extension 2352
In-person: Conference Services, Ryerson Student Centre, SCC 102, Toronto, Ontario, M5B1E9. Please click contact us for campus maps and contact information.
Accessible Devices Available For Guests
The following assistive devices are available on a first come, first serve basis and upon request, to assist members/customers in accessing our goods and services:
- 1 Folding Wheelchair
- 1 Folding Walker
- 3 Sets of Table Risers
All three accessible devices can be signed-out at the Building Services Desk.
What is AODA?
The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) is to ensure that all Ontarians have fair and equitable access to programs and services and to improve opportunities for persons with disabilities. The Act will eventually cover all of these areas:
- Customer Service Standardsdd
- Information and Communication
- Built Environment
- Goods or services must be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- The provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities and others must be integrated unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis, to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services.
- Persons with disabilities must be given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use and benefit from the goods or services
ACCESSIBILITY FOR OnTARIANS WITH DISABILITY ACT POLICY AND PROCEDURE
This policy and its procedures address the accessibility requirements of Regulation 429/07 Accessibility Standards for Customer Service under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Multi-year accessibility plan under the Integrated Accessibility Standards